Stormwater treatment works
What are Stormwater Treatment devices?
Since the Tuggerah Lakes Estuary Management Plan commenced we have constructed a number of stormwater treatment measures:
- 13 below ground gross pollutant traps – San Remo (2), Gorokan (2), Charmhaven (2), Hamlyn Terrace (2), Tumbi Umbi (5)
- 2 new open gross pollutant traps - Gorokan, Killarney Vale
- 4 improved open gross pollutant traps – Kanwal, Blue Haven (3)
- 4 wetlands – Pioneer Dairy, Charmhaven, Tumbi Umbi, Halekulani
- 1 rain garden - Lake Munmorah
- 1 sand filter – Gorokan
- streambanks stabilisation - Saltwater Creek and Tumbi Creek
- maintaining existing assets
Estimated pollutants removed since 2008:
||Gross pollutants (litter and organics)
||Suspended solids (sediment)
Removal of these pollutants ensures a better quality of water entering the catchment, which in turns ensures the long-term sustainability of our lakes.